Starting Wednesday, May 31, approved Fireside Gatherings will be able to host Tavern Hero Qualifiers (applications accepted beginning May 24). Winners of these competitions will be eligible to participate in the Tavern Hero Tournament* for a chance to earn a spot at the 2017 Hearthstone Europe Summer Playoffs. Find out more below!
Select Fireside Gatherings will be eligible to host Tavern Hero Qualifiers where patrons can battle it out to determine who will represent their local inn at the Tavern Hero Tournament. The Tavern Hero Tournament for the summer season will take place as an online, double-elimination bracket, and the top 8 players will secure invitations to the Europe Summer Playoffs where they will compete with the top 64 players from the point standings for one of four spots in the Summer Championship.
Tavern Hero Qualifier competition requirements:
- Must create your event on FiresideGatherings.com at least 7 days in advance
- Must select the Tavern Hero Qualifier campaign when creating the event—events not using the campaign feature will not be considered official Tavern Hero Qualifiers
- Must take place from May 31 to July 23
- Must apply before the July 12 deadline to be considered
- Must be open to the public, and held in a public venue
- Must have a minimum of 16 players
- Must be played using Standard decks in the Conquest format*
- Must provide a completed event report and tournament bracket within 7 days of the end of the qualifier—these documents will be sent to Innkeepers of approved events; please add FiresideGatherings@blizzard.com to your safe senders list to ensure timely receipt of communications
- Innkeepers are not eligible to participate in their own Tavern Hero Qualifier
- Your Tavern Hero Qualifier must be free for players to participate.
Note: An Innkeeper may run more than one qualifier during the season, but all previous events must be reported with tournament results before new events will be approved.
You can check to see if your event has been listed by visiting www.FiresideGatherings.com. Set the “Filter By” drop down to “Special” then search your country. If your event has been accepted and flagged, it will appear on the list.
* Any approved HCT tournament structure can be used so long as players are using Standard decks in a Conquest format. This includes Group play, Single-Elimination, Double-Elimination, Swiss, or Round Robin. For questions or concerns about the format of your event, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.