Hearthstone Grandmasters returns for the second season of 2021! The top 48 players from around the world will compete to earn a spot at the 2021 World Championship. Here’s everything you need to know to keep up with this season’s Grandmaster action. We’ll see you in the Tavern!
- Venue: YouTube Gaming
- Dates: Friday, Saturday, Sunday: August 13 – August 22 and September 3 – October 10, 2021
- Broadcast Start Time:
- ASIA-PACIFIC: 2 a.m. PDT / 11 a.m. CEST / 6 p.m. KST
- EUROPE: 7 a.m. PDT / 4 p.m. CEST / 11 p.m. KST
- AMERICAS: 12 p.m. PDT / 9 p.m. CEST / 4 a.m. KST
- Casters: TJ “Azumoqt” Sanders, Darroch “Darroch” Brown, Jia “Jia” Dee, Neil “Lorinda” Bond, Alex “RavenCasts” Baguley, and Simon “Sottle” Welch
- Prize Pool: Global prizing of $486,000 (USD), split between $64,500 (USD) each tournament for Weeks 1 through 7, and $34,500 (USD) for the playoffs
- Language Streams on YouTube:
During weeks 1-7, players will compete in a Weekly Dual Tournament format, starting each Thursday, to earn placement in the weekend Top 8 Stage. Players will receive points based on total number of wins each week, which will determine final standings before Playoffs.
- All 16 players in each region will compete against each other off-broadcast in Dual Tournament Group play on Thursday.
- On Friday, the 4 Decider Matches will be played to determine who joins the Top 8 per region, live on YouTube.
- The Top 8 players compete in a single-elimination tournament on Saturday, with the Top 4 advancing to Sunday.
- Gameplay format changes every other week:
- Week 1 – Conquest
- Week 2 – Last Hero Standing
- Week 3 – Conquest
- Week 4 – Last Hero Standing
- Week 5 – Conquest
- Week 6 – Last Hero Standing
- Week 7 – Conquest
- Week 8: Finals – Conquest
You can earn up to 6 total packs as you watch Grandmasters throughout Season 2! On any of the above YouTube channels, watch two total hours to receive one pack and two more hours for your second. Time watched is cumulative within each of the three reward blocks, so even if you can’t watch for the full four hours in one sitting your time will still count toward earning the Drops.
- Grandmasters Week 1: United in Stormwind (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Weeks 2 - 7: Year of the Phoenix (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Playoffs: United in Stormwind (max 2 packs)
Connecting Your Accounts
Before you can receive rewards, you’ll need to link your YouTube and Blizzard Battle.net accounts. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on YouTube.
- Navigate to Account Sharing under “Connected Apps” in Settings.
- Select “Connect” next to Battle.net.
- Follow the simple prompts to finish connecting accounts.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your Drops.
- Click here for a full set of official rules for Hearthstone Grandmasters 2021 Season 2 YouTube Drops.