Mysteries of the Past
A Change to League of Explorers
Cards from this set are only playable in Wild format game modes, including Ranked/Casual, Solo Adventures, and relevant Tavern Brawls. You can no longer purchase this adventure unless you’ve already unlocked at least one of its wings, but you can craft cards from this set using Arcane Dust. For more information, check out our play formats blog.
Join the League of Explorers and embark on the adventure of a lifetime. Explore Azeroth's most mysterious archaeological sites and discover ancient treasures! Travel alongside famous treasure hunter Brann Bronzebeard and his merry band of intrepid action-archeologists on a race to uncover the pieces of the Staff of Origination, a priceless, ancient artifact. But beware, for you are not the only one who's hunting the artifact. Others have picked up the scent as well, so you'll have to play your cards right to stay one step ahead of the competition and keep the Staff of Origination from falling into the wrong hands!
Dust off the old explorer's hat, pack your cards, and let the adventure begin!
- Must have unlocked all 9 heroes to play
Into the Unknown
The League of Explorers offers incredible treasures, exotic locales, and unforgettable discoveries:
- Legendary: When you defeat all the challenges in a wing for the first time, you will be rewarded with that wing’s legendary card – for example, Elise Starseeker!
- Class Challenges: The League of Explorers also includes nine all-new class challenges that task you with using a special pre-built deck to prove your skill. Succeed, and the new class cards are yours.
- New Game Boards: Immerse yourself in the adventure with all-new playing fields!
- Meet the League: Make friends with renowned explorer and fearless dwarven historian Brann Bronzebeard and the other members of the League of Explorers: dashing treasure hunter extraordinaire Reno Jackson, brilliant night elf scholar Elise Starseeker, and gentleman (gentle-fish?) murloc adventurer Sir Finley Mrrgglton!
- New Keyword: The League of Explorers introduces a new keyword that lets you do some digging of your own: Discover! You’ll treasure the opportunity to dig up cards and select the one you need the most!
- Heroic Mode: If you’re ready for a challenge, you can try taking on the Heroic Mode version of any mission that you’ve cleared. This extra-tough game mode is designed for players eager to test their puzzle-solving skills against incredibly powerful opponents. Bring your best deck and your sharp wits.