We’ve added a lot of card backs to Hearthstone over the years, 143 to be exact! As a special treat, we thought it would be fun to walk you through the creation process for the September Monthly Card Back. Senior Concept Artist Luke Mancini will stream the entire card back creation process live, from concept to completion, in a 3-part series on Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone!
Part I: Concept
- When: Monday, May 18 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT
- What to expect: We’ll go through the ideation and rough sketch bit, using 3 potential concepts for the new card back. By the end of the stream, we’ll have committed to our favorite option.
Part II: Progress
- When: Wednesday, May 20 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT
- What to expect: We’ll get the pieces in place to start on our design, fleshing things out with color and hard lines.
Part III: Finalizing
- When: Thursday, May 21 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT
- What to expect: We’ll dot our i’s and cross our t’s and walk through the rest of the finishing touches. By the end of the stream, you will see a final or near-final version of the September Monthly Card Back!
Lead FX Artist and longtime art team member, Hadidjah Chamberlin, will be joining Luke in answering questions and discussing the work on stream. So, bring your art questions and we will see you in the chat!