It’s time to celebrate this amazing community and the launch of Forged in the Barrens on March 30 with another Pre-Launch Party! In the lead up to expansion launch will be giving away over 500 Mega Bundle codes, gifting a ton of Twitch subscriptions in Hearthstone Creator channels, and having those creators play community submitted decklists during Theorycrafting Livestreams!
But first, mark your calendars to join RegisKillbin, Community Manager Chris Sierra, and Game Designer Liv Breeden on March 22 at 10:00 a.m. PT as they reveal the final Forged in the Barrens cards on stream at Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone and Youtube.com/Hearthstone!
Decklist Submission Contest
On March 22, 16 Hearthstone Creators will take to their social channels to source desklists from YOU to play during Theorycrafting Livestreams. Each creator will select one winner, with that winner earning a free Mega Bundle code!
If you’d like to submit a deck of your own just visit our website and build a Standard deck using at least 10 Forged in the Barrens cards. You can have 10 unique cards or duplicates (such as x2 of 5 cards). Then, reply to your favorite creator’s deck contest post on March 22 with your deck code and a brief description of how it works. The winning decks will be played by the creator that selected it during Theorycrafting Livestreams on March 23!
Starting at 9:00 a.m. PST on March 23, Hearthstone creators will showcase the new set and their respective contest-winning decks on their personal streaming channels, using at least 10 Forged in the Barrens cards in each deck they play. This time around we’ll be gifting 100 subs in several participating creator channels during Theorcrafting Livestreams, and each creator will give away 10 Mega Bundle codes throughout the day!
Mega Bundle Giveaways and Gifted Subs
Next up, a Reddit Mega Bundle giveaway! That’s right, we hooked the Hearthstone Subreddit up with another 100 Mega Bundle codes to giveaway on Wednesday, March 24.
Then, on March 25-26, 30 different Hearthstone creators will give away 10 Mega Bundles apiece live on their personal channels! Finally, on March 27, we’re planning to drop gifted subs in a bunch of these channels, so don’t go anywhere!
Forged in the Barrens Twitch Drops
We’re planning to host category-wide Twitch Drops the weekend following the launch of Forged in the Barrens, April 2-4! We’ll provide full details for Forged in the Barrens Twitch Drops on launch day, but you can expect to earn Forged in the Barrens packs for watching a few hours of any Hearthstone channel on Twitch, provided you’ve linked your Battle.net and Twitch accounts. Stay tuned for more details!
Open Packs Early During Pre-Release Weekend
Finally, brave the Barrens during Pre-Release Weekend from March 26-29! A private pre-release Fireside Gathering will give you a chance to bust open Forged in the Barrens card packs before the expansion officially launches on March 30. In addition to opening your packs early, Pre-release will also feature Fireside Brawls that will let you play with new cards!
- In the Forged in the Barrens No Cards Barred! Brawl, you’ll be able to construct decks using the cards that you open during the Pre-Release event. There are no restrictions on class or duplicates, so go crazy!
- We’ve also got A Recipe for Tenacity, a pre-constructed Brawl that will include new deck recipes from the upcoming set for you to play with. You won’t need to have pre-purchased packs to play this Brawl.
Private pre-release Fireside Gatherings will take place the weekend before Forged in the Barrens goes live, March 26 at 10:00 a.m. PT – March 29 at 10:00 a.m. PT.
*UPDATED* With Forged in the Barrens Pre-Release weekend coming up we wanted to share a quick update on an issue we've discovered which affects how two new Legendary cards, Mankrik and Blademaster Samuro, are acquired.
As a reminder, Mankrik will be available to everyone for free at level 1 on the Forged in the Barrens Rewards Track, and Diamond Blademaster Samuro will be available at level 1 on the Forged in the Barrens Tavern Pass. However, Forged in the Barrens card packs opened before visiting the Reward Track, and during Pre-Release weekend, can contain Blademaster Samuro or Golden Mankrik (in place of another Legendary card).
To address this, full Dust refunds will be available for the week following Pre-Release, this applies to golden Mankrik, non-golden Blademaster Samuro, and golden Blademaster Samuro.
In light of the ongoing global health risks associated with in-person gatherings, we’ve canceled official Fireside Gatherings for the near future and disabled the ability to create public events.
We do, however, want individuals at home to have an opportunity to partake in the upcoming Pre-Release weekend, so we’ll be keeping private event functionality intact. Players can register their own one-person event to enjoy opening Forged in the Barrens card packs from March 26-29.
Thank you all, innkeepers and patrons, for understanding.
Private Fireside Gatherings will:
- Be eligible to receive Nemsy Necrofizzle if they fulfill all hosting prerequisites. This means having an established Tavern - Learn more about how to establish your tavern here.
- Be eligible for the Fireside Gatherings card back.
- Allow event listing creation the same day it is meant to be hosted.
- Have the same Fireside Brawls as public Fireside Gatherings.
- Be visible on the website only to the innkeeper hosting it. The Fireside Gathering itself will be visible in the game client, and participants will be able to search and find it in the client as well.
Private Fireside Gatherings will NOT:
- Be visible on Tavern or upcoming event pages.
- Show up if anyone tries to search for it on the upcoming events page.
- Count towards any Tavern or Innkeeper progression. They will not count towards establishing your Tavern. You will still need to host public events in the future with at least 3 check-ins in order to establish your Tavern.