UPDATE: Drops have been updated from 4 to 8 total packs, with viewers able to earn up to 2 packs per broadcast weekend.
Following the epic conclusion to Masters Tour Onyxia’s Lair, Hearthstone Esports is wasting no time keeping the 2022 competitions rolling, with the first season of Grandmasters beginning this Friday! As we announced last December, this is going to be the final regular-season of Grandmasters to see 48 of the top players from Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe battling to be the best in their respective regions and advance to the 2022 World Championship.
This season features three individual weekend tournaments, with players earning points to advance to the playoffs. Competing across Conquest, Last Hero Standing, and the brand-new Trio format, players are fighting for their share of the season’s $250,000 (USD) prize pool and regional invites to the 2022 World Championship. Read on for all the details you’ll need to know before the season kicks off!
- Dates: Friday, Saturday, Sunday: February 25 – March 13 and March 25 – 27, 2022
- Broadcast Start Time:
- ASIA-PACIFIC: 2 a.m. PST / 11 a.m. CET / 7 p.m. KST
- EUROPE: 7:00 a.m. PST / 4:00 p.m. CET / 12:00 a.m. KST
- AMERICAS: 12 p.m. PST / 9 p.m. CST / 5 a.m. KST
- Prize Pool: Global prizing of $250,000 (USD), split between $71,700 (USD) across all three regions each tournament for Weeks 1 through 3, and $34,900 (USD) for the playoffs
- Language Streams on YouTube:
New Format - TRIO
Grandmasters is being retired in style, with an experimental new format! Joining Conquest and Last Hero Standing is the brand-new Trio. We are excited to see how the Trio format performs when played at the pro level and if well received then we’ll consider how to possibly implement it in other Hearthstone Esports tournaments. Here’s how the format works:
- Hearthstone Esports team will create 5 unique groups of three classes each.
- Groups may share one or two classes.
- Players will choose one of the groups.
- They’ll submit three-deck lineups that include each class within their selected group.
- Group selections will be private, without any knowledge of what other players have selected.
- Matches will be best-of-five, with each winning deck becoming unavailable for the rest of the match.
During weeks 1-3, players will compete in a Weekly Dual Tournament format, starting each Thursday, to earn placement in the weekend Top 8 Stage. Players will receive points based on total number of wins each week, which will determine final standings before Playoffs.
- All 16 players in each region will compete against each other off-broadcast in Dual Tournament Group play on Thursday.
- On Friday, the 4 Decider Matches will be played to determine who joins the Top 8 per region, live on YouTube.
- The Top 8 players compete in a single-elimination tournament on Saturday, with the Top 4 advancing to Sunday.
- Gameplay format changes every week:
- Week 1: Conquest
- Week 2: Trio
- Week 3: Last Hero Standing
- Playoffs: Conquest
You can earn up to 8 total packs as you watch Grandmasters! On any of the above YouTube channels, watch two total hours to receive one pack and two more hours for your second. Time watched is cumulative within each of the two reward blocks, so even if you can’t watch for the full four hours in one sitting your time will still count toward earning the Drops.
- Grandmasters Week 1: Fractured in Alterac Valley (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Week 2: Fractured in Alterac Valley (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Week 3: Fractured in Alterac Valley (max 2 packs)
- Grandmasters Playoffs: Fractured in Alterac Valley (max 2 packs)
Connecting Your Accounts
Before you can receive rewards, you’ll need to link your YouTube and Blizzard Battle.net accounts. Here’s how:
- Log in or create an account on YouTube.
- Navigate to Account Sharing under “Connected Apps” in Settings.
- Select “Connect” next to Battle.net.
- Follow the simple prompts to finish connecting accounts.
- When connecting accounts, be sure that you’re currently logged into the Blizzard account on which you’d like to receive your Drops.
- Click here for a full set of official rules for Hearthstone Grandmasters 2022 Season 1 YouTube Drops.